I’d like to announce a new project, Maker Librarian.
The goal of Maker Librarian is to serve as the primary resource for librarians who want to learn about makers, hackerspaces, the participatory library and everything in between. Over the coming weeks and months you’ll find;
– Daily updates on the latest technologies, maker news and what librarians and libraries are up to
– Interviews with the movers and shakers in the maker and hacker movement
– Discussion of the difficult ethical and legal issues that libraries will have to face as technologies, like 3D printers, become readily available
– A wiki for librarians to gather the best of training materials and classes for their programs
– And a few exciting projects that will be revealed in the near future…